Working women have a lot of responsibilities to shoulder especially if they have a little child to take care of. While a lot of time goes in managing household and office work, they often lose track of maintaining their health and life balance. This often leads to various physical and emotional complications, which further result in serious health diseases.
According to United Nations website, physical inactivity is one of the major reasons go by workingthat women develop several lifestyle diseases. So, to avoid these things, it is important that you adopt a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
But we understand that following this regularly isn’t that easy. Therefore, before directly moving to physical health, let’s work on your mental health first.
You know that our mind controls our body and our actions. So, first and foremost, you must train your mind to work in your favor. Follow these four simple tips-
Clear Your ‘Why’ Question
Our brain follows logic and reasoning to accept new habits. If you want to adapt something that requires extra efforts, make your brain understand why it is important to you.
Make it a Group Activity
It is always suggested that you work out in a group. In case you do not have friends, you can involve your family to workout with you and it will be so much fun for all.
It may sound selfish sometimes to focus on just yourself, but you should know that your good health is going to help you in all other aspects like personal, professional and social. Even your family’s financial and mental condition directly depends upon your well-being.
Be Positive and Keep Going
There will be different moods and events. You should enjoy your workout sessions so that it do not feel like a chore but rather a time for yourself. You can motivate yourself by listening to your favorite music, wearing your favorite color outfits, and so on.
So, now you have the mindset to follow a routine, let’s jump into 5 Easy Exercises that you can do at home or park without any special equipments –
This is one of the most helpful stationary exercises that stimulate blood in the upper body as well as in the core. To do this exercise,
1. Get down on all fours and place your hands slightly wider than your shoulders.
2. Straighten your arms and body.
3. Slowly lower your body until your chest nearly touches the ground.
4. Make sure you breathe in while going down and breathe out while pushing yourself up. This will help maintaining Oxygen level in your body and support body movement.
If you are facing difficulty in this, you can put your knees on the ground, raise your feet and then do the same for starting sets.
Squats are really helpful in strengthening your lower body. This activates your back, Legs and hip muscles.
1. Stand straight with your feet hip- width apart.
2. Put shoulders back and keep your back straight
3. You Must activate your muscles including core
4. Take your upper body down just like you are going to sit on a chair
5. Make sure your knees do not go forward and your folding leg makes an angle of 90 degrees. Repeat these steps for 10-15 times for the set of 3.
If you’re a beginner it might be difficult for you to go much down but don’t worry, try to get as much down with proper posture and your leg muscles will gain strength eventually. You can also take support of a steady Pole or a table in starting reps.
Skipping is a great moms exercise at home to lose weight, promote greater mass bone and prevent several diseases like osteoporosis. It helps release endorphins that reduce stress and make you feel good.
Note: If you are already struggling with any knee/joint injury or heart related disease, please refrain from doing this.
Follow these steps to do Skipping correctly-
1. Select a rope that is 3 feet longer than your height. For example if your height is 5’5” your rope should be 8’5”.
2. Make sure you wear a sports bra to support your breasts during exercise. Also, shockproof socks and shoes are preferable to avoid any injury.
3. Hold the handles of skipping rope with both hands, extend rope at least 1 foot forward to make the longest arc possible.
4. Widen your arms along your hips and swing the rope with your wrists. You do not need to rotate your arms, just a slight wrist movement would suffice.
Repeat this for 15-20 reps for 3 sets and you can increase the number when you get comfortable.
Stretching exercises can be done anywhere, anytime and are really helpful in increasing blood flow and mobilising joints. It also decreases the risk of injuries.
Here are 6 helpful stretching exercises to keep you flexible and active-
1. Neck Roll
2. Rolling Arms
3. Triceps’ Stretch
4. Hip Roll
5. Pushup Stretch
6. Quad Stretch
All these help in increasing the range of motion of joints, please take care of your limits for each moms exercise at home and stay healthy and flexible
5. Plank holds
Planks provide a number of benefits like strengthening the core of your body, improving metabolism, supporting body with good coordination, balance and posture.
Research suggests that these exercises also support and improve our Mental Health. So, get a mat and let’s do this.
Follow these steps for a perfect plank-
1. Lay on the floor with elbows under your shoulder as shown in the picture. You can use a mat and be barefoot for a nice grip.
2. Keep your forearms and feet on the floor and slowly raise your body. Make sure your body is straight with your core engaged.
3. Hold this position for 30 sacs to 1 minute for 3 sets a day.
4. You can increase the duration as you get comfortable.
There is no second thought that woman is the Backbone of a family. In our society, we always learn to make others happy and devote all our time for the same. However, It is equally important that we follow workouts tips for busy moms regularly and give our body adequate amounts of nutrition and care. It will not only help us stay active and fit but also keep your family safe and secure.
We hope that this article will be useful for you and if it is, do share it with your friends and family. We would love to know your thoughts in the comment box
All the Best! Stay fit!
Your article provided great tips and resources for busy moms to prioritize their health and well-being. Thank you for sharing your expertise and insights, and I look forward to reading more of your content in the future.